Cutler Real Estate asked Stephanie a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Stephanie's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- English Literature/Writing Major – University of Mount Union & Kent State University
- Over 13 years of Higher Education Administration Support experience
- Extensive experience in the real estate industry in the areas of real estate office management, appraisal assistant, and sales
- REALTOR since July 2005
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I was raised jointly by my mother, stepfather and my grandparents. My grandfather owned a real estate brokerage in Alliance. My earliest memories are of going on showings and to open houses with him. I was raised in the industry and was the office manager for his brokerage until his passing. No matter what other careers I have worked in, I always gravitate back to real estate. I love being able to help people facilitate one of the most important and stressful sales or purchases they will make in life and doing all that I can to make it as stress-free and as smooth as possible. There is such gratification in handing someone who has dreamed of home ownership their keys to their new home and watching their face light with joy.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I currently live in a rural Stark County. I love the area I live and grew up in for the relaxed and interconnected small town atmosphere. My husband and I are in the process of downsizing from our large family home of 25+ years to another very rural area of Stark County and building a small, but gorgeous, log home on a large wooded lot with a lake view. We want to be able to spend less time maintaining a home that is too big for just the two of us and instead spend time enjoying the beautiful natural surroundings around our new home and have time to travel and expand our horizons. So, more than ever, I can identify with what my clients are experiencing when buying or selling a home and I believe my selling and buying experience has made me a better agent.
4. How do you spend your free time?
Every free moment I have is spent reading, writing, studying and practicing natural alternatives to health and medicine and living as clean and pure a lifestyle as possible. I use many alternative methods for healing, such as essential oils, yoga, meditation, massage, making my own bone broth and other daily use products. I use pure and natural products as much as possible in my home, personal care and nutritional practices. Since I am an English and writing lover, I am constantly reading the latest novels (my secret indulgence for getting away from it all is GOOD historical romance,) nonfiction and classical literature. I, also, am a freelance writer for several blogs and other publications in the areas of natural health, write poetry and am working on two fiction novels. I love to be outside in nature and garden in my perennial beds. I absolutely love swimming and try to swim daily at the local YMCA or an outside pool if the weather permits.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- My family photos and videos
- My animals (my Chihuahua, Zoe, and Pomeranian, Bella, that are like my babies and hold my heart in their little paws, and our cats, Callie and Rosie)
- My collector's edition of a book entitled Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, who was my first favorite author
- The musical award collection my daughter achieved as a concert pianist and violinist
- The heirloom Cameo necklace my grandmother gave me when I turned sixteen that was given to her by her mother
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?